The Beautiful Face with Seas Afar

The seed of morrow is embedded in my lips,
My spirit is hidden in my throat,
Drowning voice not loud enough,
Enough for love,
I look down to see your face in my hands,
Content fills the realm of heart,
I smell the sweet soothing rain over the terror,
For I realize in my possession is only the face and nothing more,
A face that carries eyes, nose, and mouth,
But one of emotion, attitude, and...
Longing...

I know this word like I know how birds soar free,
And I'm here at ground infected with a notion,
A notion that tells me separations brings solitude at deep depths,
How to understand is beyond the calm seas and beyond what I want to see,
All I know is that this bright light is blinding my perception,
Blind as I see and blind as to you.
Your body is instilled... NO! Unframed the forgotten,
But I recollect,
I still hear the stumbling, the shuffling, and the crackling,
The black of day covers the source of sounds that are not so ambient,
If I don’t know the covenant you made with it,
That I know is your face and your body afar,
Are you looking for it in the valley so plainly?
Do you long for it or the possessor?
Behold I am here and here I stay for you,
Time passes and weight gains on your face,
Neither is a luxury for the weak,
I cry...

The realizations have come to me,
I know but yet thoughts don't carry like a hug,
Hurry to my side and pluck this day,
Let us find the body and match it to this beautiful face,
Tears won't stop rolling and diving to your eyes,
I pause for the God of silence...

I hear audio in this oblivion,
I pounce to my feet,
And search...

Then to my knees and pray the prayer that my angels taught me,
I look down at the hands and see only that,
I wish to tell you the end is of smiling and dancing,
But I cannot...
For I don't know where that face went,
Where that face left of my Father.

2 Comments:

  1. Beth said...
    Beautiful. I experience feelings of separation and loss as I read this. I love how you piece together some of the metaphors/similes "I know but yet thoughts don't carry like a hug."
    Wandering Poet said...
    Incredible

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.