Walk Away

I'm still working on this, so I'll be going back to edit it every now and then. Please leave feedback.

Walk away...

like you always do. Always finding a way to melt my wax wings.
I'm nothing but stranded wolf howling at the moon.
An ape endlessely reaching for the lotus that rests on water.

Grace me with your presence, inspire me and
blow fresh breath into this dusty lung.
Listen:
I'm calling to you.
Please -- understand me.

Never has music sounded so smooth,
how easy it is to forget how to breath.
How easy it is to forget how to speak.

If I can't call to you, please listen to my eyes.
See the glint of hope that resides deeply.
Inside; there is someone deeply wanting to love.

You walk away, like you always do. Letting me fall.
Like the lone wolf, I can never fathom to touch the beautiful orb in the sky.
The lotus flower is only a reflection; yet I still year to softly caress it in my hands.

Such a terrible force it is upon a person -- to be ignored.
To be looked over and swept out.
I'm still howling at the moon.

Walk away


4 Comments:

  1. silentman said...
    One question, to what direction is walking awayis far more painful? Just knowing where the direction heads is one nobody wants to know. Nice poem and symmetry.
    Wandering Poet said...
    In the general direction of away.

    Thanks.
    Unknown said...
    Just some small and quite minor mistakes that needs some fixing. "Breath" should be changed to "Breathe" otherwise it doesn't sound right and "year" was probably meant as "yearn". Other than that I like how the poem flows. Just the first stanza doesn't work for me. Here is what I would have said (take it as you wish lol just constructive criticism we are all helping each other out):

    Like you always do. Always finding a way to melt my wings made of wax.

    I'm nothing but a stranded wolf howling at the lonesome moon.

    An Ape who is endlessly reaching fir the lotus resting on the water.

    This poem is great. Nice work Richie, always a pleasure to read and draw inspiration from.
    Unknown said...
    I should have PREVIEWED my comment before I posted it lol. Now I find a minor but annoying mistake on my post.

    Like you always do. Always finding a way to melt my wings made of wax.

    I'm nothing but a stranded wolf howling at the lonesome moon.

    An Ape who is endlessly reaching FOR the lotus resting on the water.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.