A Sweet Song - Poems for the People

This is the first installment of what I call Poems for the People.Basically I am accepting requests from my friends/strangers to write poems about anything. This particular poem is a request from a special girl I met in my first year of college. This is an imperfect sonnet.



A Sweet Song

Heavenly eyes and silky soft brown hair--
every waking moment with you is tender.
Much like a lotus flower floating in air
you are beauty known as stately splendor.

Smile once again for the sake of smiling
Radiate the room and I will follow you --
my hand with yours while the leaves start piling.
You give me fine music, played right in que.

Sweet as an apple, as lively as fire.
The sound of your laugh, surly assuring
Jump into my heart with your voice – a choir
of angels – you are truly alluring

Affection has taken over me like a virus
To the girl in my dreams, her name is Iris.

2 Comments:

  1. Beth said...
    Ah, I like the idea of writing requests. Have you done any others recently?
    Wandering Poet said...
    I haven't had the chance to write.

    I have two more requests though.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.