What To Say When All I Can Think Of Is Of Her Moving Away...

I was going to post this on my Poet in the Corner blog but I thought I would stick to my commitments and add to the collaborative effort and post it here on the poet's covenant. Wrote this on a limb one night, it just came to me (like most of my poetry seems to be). Please to enjoy.

I want to see her one last time
Before the moon sets
To speak the words never spoken
To realize this is the final meeting
Before fate takes her away
She will awake with another
And I forever alone
With the emotions in my heart
Watching her fade into the distance
Leaving me the gift
Of our fondest memories

3 Comments:

  1. Wandering Poet said...
    Thats a crappy feeling?

    Who is she?
    Beth said...
    I love the ending of this poem. Despite the inevitable pain of her leaving, it seems that the memories and time shared will be the consoling gift left behind.
    Unknown said...
    She was a woman of many words lol. A high school fling I suppose. Thank you guys so much for the kind comments. I love this Poets Covenant thing. Thanks again.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.